29 September 2008

Toronto Interlude.



It's great to be back home. Barcelona is awesome but so is Toronto and I'm glad that I decided to take a week in between trips to see people and tie up loose ends before taking off for 5 months. Today was busy: wide awake at 4am because of the jet-lag, correcting some job letters for people, writing recommendations, trying to do some of my own writing... then renegotiating the mortgage, getting car insurance reduced while we're gone, putting the new camera on the home insurance... you know, fun stuff. Did manage to do the last tweaks on the Barcelona book manuscript before I hand that in again (because I took out a few images, I had to go through and change all of the figure references...).

When you're in Toronto you take the multiculturalism for granted but honestly, even being away for just a couple of weeks makes you forget just how diverse it is here... as I've mentioned to some of you, the City should totally put the following on the signs that greet you when you drive into town:

"Welcome to Toronto: The Most Multicultural City in the History of the World"




BCE Place atrium, Santiago Calatrava


ROM Detail (Duma's favourite building...)


The Bader Theatre at Victoria College

No comments: