01 April 2009

The Fun Part...



Today was pretty awesome; I dropped by the U of T Press offices to talk to their Publicist about the mechanics of book launches, getting copies sent places, fliers made, etc.

Given that I had the original idea for Jazz Age Barcelona around 9 or 10 years ago, you'll have to indulge me as I indulge myself... : )

Publication date: 20 of August or thereabouts AND after some great lobbying by the editor, it will be appearing in paperback and as part of the General Interest list (which means bookstore distribution, etc). Yes, there will be cava!

Toronto launch details to follow (David the tailor has graciously offered up his shop for a party and his vitrine for a display coordinated with his sweet merchandise...).

Yay!

2 comments:

Duma said...

Enough shameless touting! What I want to know is - can I get a deal on cashmere socks?

Jennifer Varela said...

when do i get my damned autographed copy?!! which at this point should be bound with gold!